Monday, November 19, 2007

A change in weather...


It got COLD here in Seoul! Man oh man...was it cold on Sunday and today! But now its snowing! Snow is truly the only reason for cold weather in my book. I love snow! Its so pretty. Anyways seeing the snow kind of lifted my spirits. I had kind of a really happy/ kinda crappy weekend. The good parts were hanging out with Erica and Hye Young on Friday and of course Liz's birthday on Saturday...When I'm around my friends, my spirits are usually high! But for some reason, I also felt quite low especially on Sunday. I got kind of upset so I went to Starbucks thinking the smell of Peppermint Mocha would make me feel better, but it only made me more upset. Oh man did I embarrass myself there. I was kinda glad for it on a small level because maybe the people in there could truly that its not easy to live here sometimes...I don't know..something about this week has been hard. Its most likely because of Thanksgiving and it'll be my first Thanksgiving away from home...thats really hard because its a big holiday for us. I'm trying to tell myself that its just a meal and I'll get to have all of the same sorts of foods when I come home for Christmas. Plus I'll be having a Thanksgiving meal with my friends here.
Whats nice is that Elie my Korean co-teacher recognized that I was a bit upset.....how perceptive was that! I feel really lucky to have a good partner teacher...Anyways Happy Thanksgiving to all you kids at home! I'll be thinking about you.

4 comments:

ertennyson said...

IT'S SNOWING! (note - the caps are not from joy, but rather anger) ... how is it SNOWING already?

CSmith said...

I love you. I love snow. It's already Christmas here... I'm not kidding, it's everywhere and I'm pissed.

Candy said...

I'm glad to see you're doing well in Korea! I'm sorry I kindof fizzed out on reading your blog after you sent that email. I am bookmarking it now!

I love reading your stories. Keep it up.

It's snowed a couple of times in MN but none of it has stuck yet :/

~Candy

Melissa said...

MULLLLLLLLLEEEEENNNNNN - I love you. And I am in firm agreement that cold weather must = snow or it's not worth being cold.

ps - you all look so pretty!