Wednesday, April 30, 2008

China trip


Mullens!

Mullens and some good folk

ummm all I can say is amazing!! It was so wonderful having my parents come to Korea and then to be able to go to China! It was a great family vaca. While in China (I came a couple days later than my parents because I was at school), we spent a day in Beijing seeing the Temple of Heaven and then some shopping (my brother is basically the best bargainer I've ever seen and the fact that he can now speak Chinese helps!).

We then left Beijing and journeyed to Xi'an, China. It's one of the biggest cities in China and its mostly famous because of the Terra Cotta soldiers. These soldiers have been underground because an Emperor wanted to have "protection" for his afterlife. Well those underground soldiers were then discovered in 1974 by some farmers...Anyways we went to see them and it was unbelievable. You'll see from the pictures just how many were made! Every soldier was made by a different person. I'd never seen anything like that. Wow! Our tour guide had been working there for 15 years and he was like a master photographer. He was constantly taking my camera and getting all these good shots. He was hilarious!

Terra Cotta soldiers

my family and the soldiers



this one is called the Archer

We then made our way back to Korea (sans Geoffrey) and my parents saw my apartment and came to my school. They took some videos and got pictures. It's nice that they now understand and can visualize everything I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Very cool your family got to visit!!