Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bueller......

I have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off twice in the last week after having not seen it for several years. Seeing it again made me realize it's loveliness. My favorite Hughes flick for sure. I mean you can't find a better character than Ferris especially in a high school '80s flick.
Who doesn't wish they had a little Ferris in them sometimes? I know I do! Also, who talks to the camera better than Matthew Broderick?

This is the scene in which Ferris gets on the parade float and sings Twist and Shout. You've probably seen it, but just watch again. You can't feel bad while watching this. It'll cure all ills!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNM765xAQRA

ANNNNNDD one of my favorite bands Rooney named their bands after Edward Rooney, the principal from the film. Awesome.

2 comments:

Candy said...

hahaha, that was fun to watch :) I haven't seen that movie in ages, and I don't know how I forgot that scene (of course, I don't really remember anything except the basic plot of "boy skips school").

I take it you're not doing the survey site anymore? I had been thinking about doing one of those for a long time but it's so hard to tell if they're legit or if they'll spam you like crazy for the rest of your life.

ertennyson said...

Wonderful Post and way to pimp out your blog! You could do an MTV make-over show for blogs or something..