Friday, February 13, 2009

Inherit the Wind

So I'm in a play (yay!) and it has been a little ray of sunshine for me. I liked going to rehearsal because I could just go and do my thing. It hasn't been particularly challenging- more community theatre-esque I guess. It's just been fun to go and not have to talk. Is that sad? I don't like talking to new people anymore? I don't like all those same stupid questions of the 'What do you do?' variety blah blah blah..so I've tried to avoid those kinds of situations but naturally they come up. We've been rehearsing since January 5 and I've pretty much successfully avoided talking about myself which has been awesome. And then it came up tonight when some of the cast when to eat together. I got that same question 'What do you do?' three f-in' times. By the third time, I just freaked the guy out and he was like 'Sorry I asked..yikes.' Arrrrrrrggg...and now I'm back home and feeling bad and writing about it here....
I will not resort to computer gibberish.....gjakllkgjlajgljigjakljfgjgfklajglkjfglkjfdglkjlkldkgjgdfgjajglajgklgkdfgfdkgjdflkgjl;

yup that's how I feel.
darn.

3 comments:

CSmith said...

Make him a CD. Of the Ting Tings. JUST SHUT UP.

Right?

But also include SMILE or something nice so he doesn't realize.

Then, wear a trench coat and play it in a boombox your holding over your head at rehearsal. All. Night. Long.

<3 love you!!

Candy said...

haha sometimes you have to resort to computer gibberish :)

Don't be too hard on the rest of the world, though, they're just trying to be nice and get to know you. Just tell them the truth, even if it's "right now I'm unemployed", keep it simple and firm to discourage further unwanted questions, and don't be ashamed of your situation (because you shouldn't be anyway, you know). I've gathered that you feel somewhat directionless right now, and upset about that, but a lot of people feel that way, and it's fine. Things work out eventually, and stressing about it usually doesn't make it work out faster.

I hope that made sense... just trying to say that it'll all be okay, and try to relax. ((HUGS))

Candy said...

P.S. I meant to also say that I'm so happy your in a play! I'm glad you have the chance to be active in the theater again :)