Friday, January 25, 2008

Sooo wow

So January turned out to not be such a blah month...in fact, in the lives of my friends from home in SC..it turned out to be quite life changing. And friends I'm sorry I am writing about you, but let me say you have been on my mind lately. I have never been one to always state my opinion because I believe there's a time and a place for things. There have definitely definitely been decisions that those around me have made that I haven't agreed with. Sometimes I feel that I let others peoples lives, mistakes, and happinesses affect me too much. I know that I should simply say "Its not my life..I can't control other people" and let it be....But I find that so hard! In my circle of friends from home, one lost a family member while my other friend got engaged all within a week. It feels really weird to not be there. Had I just been in college in D.C., I could fly home easily for the funeral for one friend and attend the wedding of the other. But I can't do those things. Its so scary to be so far away sometimes. However, I do my best to keep in touch. I wish more people but an effort in to keep in touch so those of you who do, I appreciate it wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

CSmith said...

Iiiii miss you.

Candy said...

*hugs*

It'll be okay. People understand when you can't come to a funeral, and there are so many other ways to pay one's respects.

And.. if you won't be able to make it to the wedding, in the end it's just a big party. Don't tell the bride that while she's planning it, but it's true. The bride and groom are so busy through the whole thing that they can hardly pay attention to anyone anyway.

I hope you're okay over there, though. It must feel strange, to just sort of hear about things happening, and not be able to be there. I'm glad that you have good friends over there with you, I know they must take good care of you.

Much love,
Candy