Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Life in Korea has been good....its definitely been getting better! Plus this week the weather got warmer...I've said sayonara to my winter coat. I can't wait to get all of my winter clothes out of my apartment! My kids are starting to speak English..slowly! March has been a bit rough because I'm teaching kids who don't know any English....and as I said before teaching them drama when they don't speak or read English and have the attention spans of a nat is difficult! I'm coming to love them though...well one class more than the other. One girl Jenny is adorable! She looks like a Korean version of Cindy from the Brady Bunch, except even cuter. Come August, I think it will be amazing to see how much English they have learned and can speak. I'm getting a new Korean teacher next week as Elie's last day is March 28. It's such a shame she's leaving (but she's getting married and moving to the other side of Seoul)..Also, I don't really like the supervisor because I don't think she's doing a very good job...

On another note, I bought a cd for Jesus Christ Superstar at a Kyobo bookstore this week and I literally can't stop listening to it. I forgot how much I loved this show. I saw it first freshman year with CSmith. She loved the movie and I hadn't seen it yet so we watched it together. At first I thought....interesting...they made a musical about Jesus...I guess we didn't really click at that time. Then sophomore year, CUA did the musical and I was apprehensive about how it would be. I remember everyone thought Judas was cute and he was, but seeing it then really made me love the show. It gave me a new perspective also. Most of the show is from Judas' point of view so it doesn't always paint JC in the best light. I never really thought before seeing this show about the betrayal and the denial of Peter and Judas. I enjoy seeing the musical more so than the movie. Of course JCS came to Seoul last year...naturally I missed seeing it. I would totally see it in Korean.
If you are in the US, you can listen to some of the music here:
http://www.rhapsody.com/album/jesuschristsuperstar

Also Happy Easter!

2 comments:

ertennyson said...

HAPPY EASTER! love you Mullen... but don't tell anyone. I need to keep up my reputation.

CSmith said...

AMAZING!!!

I tried to watch JCS yesterday (as it is tradition) but I'd already packed the DVD and VH1 decided to do a marathon of ANTM Cycle 6 instead!

Sigh, so I watched 3 Robin Williams movies instead (Doubtfire, Hook, Jack). Good Easter.

THANK YOU for listening and enjoying! Which release did you get? (the movie or the broadway?)